Researchers from the University of Edinburgh (picked up by The Telegraph) have found that babies born by c-section are more likely to be obese by the time they are 5 years old.
– Creating a cross-government Social Mobility Strategy with a strong focus on the early years
– Developing a new 10-year Childcare Strategy
– Making the case for early education and intervention for disadvantaged and low-income families
– A new Best Start Guarantee and 750 fully-integrated children’s centres
- 47% of Infant Feeding Leads representing individual services across England reported cuts in infant feeding support groups; 28% reported cuts in specialist breastfeeding support;
- 48% reported closure of children’s centre services; 33% reported improvements in specialist breastfeeding support
- As a result of these; 62% reported a negative impact on maternity services and 71% noted a negative impact on children’s centre services and health visiting services.